Saturday, June 9, 2012

Portrait of a Generation and Andrépolis at The Hole

Kristy Leibowitz standing next to the gorgeous portrait Scott Ewalt did of her

To her right is her portrait of Scott

Kristy's iconic photograph of Scott and his famous t-shirt collection!!!

Each artist in the show was paired with another artist, to do a portrait of one another, which was an excellent idea resulting in a fantastic and inspiring show.

Loved this portrait Kembra did of Kenny Scharf

Kristy and I- caught with my lapel up!

Joe Grillo by Taylor McKimmens

Taylor McKimmens by Joe Grillo

Jamie Warren by Cody Critcheloe

Cody Critcheloe by Jamie Warren

Yummy Yummy Yummy!!!

I felt incredibly inspired by the show and all I wanted to do was run to my studio and start painting!!! I really need to go back and have a better look at everything.

Casey Spooner and Adam Dugas

<3 <3 <3 <3 My absolute favorite!!!<3 <3 <3 <3 When I go back, I plan on bringing my largest purse, and stealing this one right off the wall.


Kathy's shows never disappoint and they're always a welcome respite from the predictable Chelseafication that runs rampant through so much of even the Lower East Side.


An overly eager mouse greeting a defenseless by stander

For the low low price of 25 cents, you too can have a ride, gentle reader!


Stepping into the André Saraiva installation, was like stepping into a Roger Brown painting, only a more prurient, 3-d version!

These reminded me of H. G. Westermann, too.

The installation had a lyrical, transformative quality that actually created this strange sense of exclusivity and forbidden fun. The surreal music blasting through the huge speakers and the "bouncer" at the entrance contributed to these sensations.



No comments:

Post a Comment